You’ve found the man, you might even already found the dress. Is it your turn to pop the question and find your bridesmaids?
You probably already know the ladies you plan to ask. Your best friend, the girl that’s been there from the start, sister or family members… there’s plenty of incredible women out there!
Narrowing this list down is not an easy task but at the end of the day it’s important to stick to your gut and ask those who you trust, who are reliable and those who want the best for you and your wedding day. Once you pick these special ladies, it’s time to pop the question!
Whether you know you will be a diva (so bribery is essential) or you want to thank them in advance, a sentimental gift is a great idea.
So how did I pop the question? Well, for my two special ladies I created a gorgeous gift box full of handy bridesmaid essentials. Check them out!
- Personalised, monogram pyjamas by Homebodii. Nothing is cuter than getting ready with your bridesmaids, with a glass of bubbly in matching pj’s! I got the girls a rose gold set that includes shorts with a tie up ribbon and a button-up short sleeve pyjama top with an embroidered initial. To match my bridesmaids, I got myself a white silk set and a gorgeous Kassiah Kimono Lace Robe for the big day. Australia’s Homebodii is my go-to for bridesmaid robes, pajama sets and lingerie… or even something sexy to spoil yourself (and your partner) with.
- Customised wine bottle to make the question official! When I got this idea I thought it would be nearly impossible to make it happen (at least without breaking the bank). But with a little design experience, research and creativity I decided to do this DIY. I found an awesome company based in Canada called StickerYou. They specialise in design and print of stickers for almost any purpose! I contacted the company and was introduced to a team of very lovely staff who helped me out. Even though I designed my own stickers, the specs weren’t quite right so the team redesigned the labels, made sure I was happy with the result and express posted them with spares in case I didn’t get the ‘sticking’ right the first time. Amazing! Now all I did was head to Dan Murphy’s and purchase a clear skin bottle of Shiraz and voila! If you’re interested in purchasing some customisable stickers you can use code CHIC10 for 10% off any StickerYou products. Woohoo!
- Customised bridesmaids flip flops. Since my wedding is on the beach I thought it would be a cute idea to give my ladies something to wear before the ceremony. Again, I used StickerYou to print and design these personalised bridesmaid stickers. I purchased the flip flops from Big W and carefully stuck them on.
Once I had my gifts ready, I bought two gift boxes which I filled with tissue paper, rose petals and a personalised note to them both (written on a gorgeous card kindly provided by Homebodii!). I must admit these boxes were a little difficult to hide and impossible to carry out together so I asked Ashleigh and Emma to close their eyes and sit on the couch until I carefully brought them out and placed them in front.
I honestly wish I had a secret camera ready because their reactions were priceless! Whilst they weren’t surprised by my question, they were definitely surprised by the delivery.
If you are thinking of doing this for your bridesmaids, here are some other ways you can make this DIY gift box happen. Get creative, make it special and personal and you’re guaranteed to have happy, excited bridesmaids to help you along your journey.
- Personalised sweets, cookies, macaroons
- Customised wine glasses
- Make a bridesmaids survival kit: mints, bobby pins, double-sided tape… everything that could save the day!
- Sentimental jewellery, friendship bracelets or rings to wear on the special day
Have other ideas? Let me know below!